Please follow these simple steps to keep your extensions in the best possible condition.
Washing & Drying Step by Step
1. Hair must be brushed before washing to remove any tangles.
2. When washing the hair, your head must be tilted backwards under warm running water.
3. Gently smooth recommended hair extension shampoo through the hair extensions without rubbing into the hair.
4. Gently pat the shampoo into your scalp with your finger tips without rubbing. (Avoid circular motions as this can rough up the roots causing matting)
5. Rinse out shampoo with warm water and gently squeeze hair to remove excess moisture.
6. Apply your recommended hair extenion conditioner to the mid lengths and ends only. Do not apply conditioner to the roots as this can cause slippage and breaking down of extension bonds. Leave the conditioner on for 5-10 minutes as a treatment.
7. Rinse out the conditioner thoroughly and remove excess water by squeezing the water out and wrap hair in a towel for 10 minutes to soak in moisture.
8. Apply recommended Argan Oil to the mid lengths and ends of damp hair. Gently comb through with a wide tooth comb starting at the bottom of the hair and working your way up. Do this in sections.
9.Hair should be blow dried on a cool-medium setting with the airflow pointing downwards. This will give shine to the hair.
10. Style as required.
Quick Styling Tips
Do not wash bonded extensions for 48 hours. This is so the bonds can set and harden on the inside aswell as the outside.
Only wash hair for a maximum of 2-3 times a week.
Ordinary shampoos and conditioners that are not made specifically for hair extensions can cause the extensions to get damaged quickly.
Never go to bed with wet or damp hair extensions.
Only use a hair extensions brush.
Speed Drying: Dry the roots and bonds first, then rough dry the rest of the hair with a cool-medium heat setting on your hairdryer. Ensuring the hair dryer nozzle does not touch the hair.
Once the hair extensions are nearly dry, you may use the hair dryer and brush to finish off styling your hair. Apply a heat protection spray before using straighteners, keeping the heat below 180 degrees.
Blow Drying: You can blow dry the the hair extensions by splitting the hair into sections. You can also use a soft round brush to blow dry. Do not excessively pull on the roots.
Never brush hair when it is wet.
Do not pull hair up into a tight ponytail on top of your head when the extensions have first been applied. This will cause discomfort and put added pressure on your roots. Wait until after the first month to see if the extensions feel comfortable to do so.
Holidays: Avoid chlorine and sea water coming into direct contact with the hair extensions.
The sun can dry out hair extensions. Tie hair up into a mid to low ponytail and apply conditioners and argan oil to protect the hair.
Remember hair extensions will need to be maintained and maintenance appointments must be attended at approx 8 weeks. This is to ensure your natural hair is also kept in good condition. Never leave hair extensions in for longer than 3-3 1/2 months. After this time, they can be safely removed and re-applied.